A thought I had today...
Social and Spiritual Friends
I feel like my relationships with people are either social or spiritual. I've categorized my relationships. How can I bridge the social and spiritual relationships I have so that these friends are both?
I think I can name 2 friends that are part of the social and spiritual group, but it would be nice if it was more.
I think at church we have spiritual relationships, but we don't build the social. This is why we don't do life together.
It is sad to hear that the responsibilities of small group leaders is simply to facilitate the group. It makes church seem only focussed on training and learning. It makes us only focus on the spiritual, but a person is so much more than just spiritual. It would be nice if small group emphasized relationships with one another rather than a 7 point checklist. It would be nice to live life with brothers and sisters at church.
Reaching out to people...
If you want people to share with you their feelings and thoughts, you can't just say, "I'm here to listen. I'm here to talk." You need to show that you are a consistent friend. You need to take initiative to reach out first regularly. You need to show that consistency through your character.
Red, Yellow, Green, Blue People
I think I am either a Green or Blue person
I need to learn how to have conversations with different people, not only my type of person.
I also need to think of positive things in my life to share, not just the negatives.
Things I am thankful for this week... (positive things to share)
finishing a math-art project with my students (relaxing, fun, different, learning)
brother helped me with markets (thankful for having a brother)
more direction for next steps in the Evangelism ministry (support and feedback from members)
supportive sisters in Christ (share my feelings to, process my thinking, get solutions)
reading Ezra (conviction, direction)
BSF (supportive community, growth in faith, challenged, cared for)
Why I feel overwhelmed...
I think I've lost my sense of control. I just want to get rid of all my problems in a snap...but solutions take time...and I'm not okay with that! I also have a lot of fear. God, please help me not to fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment